Thursday, January 24, 2013

Swallowtail

I nearly tackled the poor, hapless UPS delivery guy today when he pulled up to the house with the new SU stuff. I was most anxious to try out the new Swallowtail butterfly stamp. I always regret not getting the Wonderful Wings butterfly set when it was available years ago...

The card base is Crumb Cake with the Very Vintage jumbo wheel in craft white ink. Butterfly is on Glossy White and brayered with Tangerine, sponged with Real Red, and spritzed with some Tattered Angels in Tiger Lily (a glimmer spray). The sentiment is from the retired set Live Your Dream. Any current sentiment can be used in place of this but I love the message of hope and dreams that always come to mind for me when I see a butterfly.

2 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

this is a beautiful butterfly image Joanne-love the colors

mudmaven said...

Joanne this is totally stunning. I have this on my next order and now I really, really can't wait for it to get here. Fantastic! ~chris