Monday, January 28, 2013

Bookmarks

I usually have several books going at once, stashed all over the house and in the car as well. I thought they deserved a better place holder than the scrap of paper or grocery store receipt. LOVE bookmarks and I just don't know where they all disappear to, they're like socks that way.

I used all Stampin' Up supplies for these, Basic Black and Whisper White with the Pleasant Poppies colored in markers. I clear embossed the retired By Definition background stamp all over both of them, I love the printing on that one. One got a bit extra with the narrow black taffeta ribbon. Sentiment is from Fabulous Florets. Read on!

6 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Oh these bookmarks are beautiful! I love all of the poppy images I have been seeing all over the internet! I could never grow them thanks to the neighborhood bunnies!

mudmaven said...

These are totally gorgeous - what a great way to enhance your reading experience! Love, love, love that poppy stamp too. ~chris

Unknown said...

What a clever idea - thanks, Joanne! And I have to say THANKS,too, for following my boards on Pinterest! I recognized you right away from your pic - I thought, 'wow, I know her!' so I searched out your blog, and sure enough- you are Sleepy in Seattle from Splitcoast! I have admired your work for YEARS and it is an honor to have you follow my boards. Check out my blog, too, if you like! clocards.blogspot.com Have a great day. :)

Lora said...

What shades of ink did you use on both of these tags. Looks like I will need to buy some more ink.

Again these are beauiful, and I had just 0rdered that stamp and its arriving today.

Joanne Travis said...

Hi Lora,
You stamp the flowers in black ink and color them with markers. Then stamp over the whole design using Versamark (a clear watermark ink) and heat emboss with a heat gun using clear embossing powder. I used the By Definition retired background stamp by Stampin' Up!

Lora said...

Ok, got it. The clear versamark ink is used on the Definition background stamp.

Thank you for replying. This will be a new technique for me to try. Looks like with the clear emboss that the definition stamp just barely shows up which is what you would want if I want the focus to be on the poppies.

I will try this with what I have and I wanted to add it with a card that I am sending out tomorrow.