Thursday, January 29, 2009

Polished Stone Technique


For today's challenge to use alcohol. I did the polished stone technique for background (Cool Caribbean and Silver) and used my Copic alcohol markers to color image. That's as much alcohol as I could get into my challenge without a cocktail (it's much too early in the day for that!).
The bird and flower image was cut out with my detail scissors so it adds a little dimension to the card popped up ever so slightly. Card is Glossy White for the polished stone part and matted with Taken With Teal and Brushed Silver.

10 comments:

xiumaiyuki said...

What a beautiful card! Your coloring is great! I love the layout for this!

Gramrussell said...

Just beautiful! I can't wait until the hummingbirds are back in my area! They are so gorgeous and your card really highlights that.

Jacquel said...

Dang, why couldn't I think of that--polished stone technique LOL! your card came out really cute Joanne and the colors are fab together...tfs!!!

Lisa Phillippi llelsik@aol.com said...

Oooo so pretty-excellent coloring & great detail work with the scissors!

Frogwoman said...

The background is beautiful. I also love the coloring job on this card. Very pretty.

JulieA said...

Wow!!!! How gorgeous is that???!!! Love how the background looks shimmery.

Anonymous said...

Great minds think alike.. I have this set out on my desk to see some ink.. Now I have your awesome sample to follow.. Great job Joanne..

Thanks for visiting my new blog.. This blog stuff is CONFUSING..
Hugs,
Dawn

~T~ said...

I love it! Very pretty!

Joan Ervin said...

STUNNING!!!!! Your coloring on thsi is absolutely gorgeous!!!

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous! One of the nicest polished stone bg's I've seen.