Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Always -Valentine Challenge-


This is a challenge I am doing with a few friends to create a Valentine with something we already own from the current catalog. You would be totally amazed at how many stamps you could use to do double duty for a Valentine/love-friendship card. I came up with 30 different images and sentiments that will work for this with the sets that I already own. Look at your catty just one more time before the new one comes in and see what you can find!
I combined this with our weekly Doubledog Dare challenge this week hosted by Francie G. to use 3 shades of the same color.
I made my own designer paper by stamping (and stamping off) stamps from the Always set in Riding Hood Red and Pirouette Pink. I embossed the entire thing in clear embossing powder using the Floral background stamp. Bird was stamped in RHR and kissed with small flower stamp, masked off bird and stamped heart over top in pink. Adore sentiment was singled out from the Tres Chic background stamp in Ruby Red. Filigree brad for embellishing.

9 comments:

Veronica Z said...

This is a beautiful card! I have always loved that stamp set, but never did buy it. I love all of the detail you put into this card. TYFS!

JulieA said...

Oh, that's beautiful! I love the colors and the bird over the light pink heart. And you used one of your filigree brads! (I still have to break open my package!)

Unknown said...

oh wow, now thats a great challenge!

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful. I love all the details you did on the bid panel...stunning
TFS

Jaspere said...

This is spectacular. I never would have thought of using that set for a valentine card. Love it

mudmaven said...

This is a gorgeous card! Very elegant! ~chris

Jacquel said...

Beautiful card Joanne! love the colors and the background you made...excellent job!!!

Anonymous said...

sooo pretty! I love how you combined the two stamps together!

Unknown said...

Really nice stuff. I really like your article. I like to celebrate valentines day. Last year i tried to make handmade valentine flowers and gave to my wife and this valentine i am searching for unique valentine gifts for my wife.