Saturday, June 16, 2012

Ex Libris

With each new Stampin' Up catalog, there is always one stamp or set that makes me gasp or squeak in happiness. This was it for me this year, the background stamp Ex Libris. I have had a lifelong passion for old books and reading so this was perfect. I knew that I wanted to give it an antique look, so I stamped it in Soft Suede and smeared some verdigris looking colors- True Thyme, gold, and Color Box Pumpkin. Soft Suede base and sentiment from You Are Loved. Quick, easy, and flat for mailing.

3 comments:

Bev Dahl said...

this looks like an old book and I love them too. you did a wonderful job of antiquing this one!

Kerstin said...

Very authentic yet original design. Nice!

Becky said...

I love this background stamp! I have the catalog and I did not see this, or if I did I did not pay attention, unlike this card that just grabs you with the rich colors showing the beautiful design.