Sunday, June 27, 2010

From Sea To Shining Sea


I just realized how quickly the Fourth of July is approaching. I was born in Philadelphia, home of the Declaration Of Independence! What a beautiful city, rich in the history of our nation's founding. You should go and visit if you ever have the opportunity. I am a long way from home on the other coast but every little corner of this land is beautiful to me and I am happy and proud to be an American.

I used a die cut shape of the USA with the Red, White, and Blue jumbo wheel from Stampin' Up, the new Marina Mist and Cherry Cobbler cardstocks, the textured squares embossing folder, pinking heart border punch, and white taffeta ribbon.

8 comments:

Carol L said...

Well Hello Neighbor! I live about 1/2 hr from Philadelphia so it's nice to meet a fellow Pennsylvanian, even if you're west coast now:)
This is a great card with the US! perfect for the July 4th weekend!

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome, awesome, awesome!!!!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Great patriotic card.

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

This is fantastic, Joanne! I love the die cut and your card is wonderful.

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

That USA diecut is so cool, Joanne! Your patriotic card rocks!

Francie G. said...

This is fabulous, Joanne! Wonderful patriotic creation!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Great card, love the map!

I have been to Philadelphia very briefly, loved it and will come back someday!

Mary Marsh said...

this is a great patriotic card joanne-and I love your thoughts on our country-I am another proud american