Friday, December 12, 2008

Scandinavian Season


This card is one of the samples on Stampin' Up's website today on the demo side. I'm not sure what happened to the bow and the image shifted and is crooked in the picture there, but this is what it looked like before the mailing.
I embossed the tree in silver with Veramark and shaded with Baja Breeze re-inker. Added some Ice square rhinestone brads and mounted to Going Gray and Basic Gray panels. Ski Slope paper, filigree brad, and white taffeta ribbon also used.
Can you tell I love this set? And I don't have a drop of Scandinavian blood in me, I'm mostly an Irish girl!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've made fabulous projects with this set! Love this one as well. Congrats on making it on the Stampers' Showcase! Too bad some pieces went missing in between your house and SU!'s office :(

Cindy

Jacqueline said...

oh this is gorgeous!! Love the color combo! I am an Irish Girl too!

Jacquel said...

Wow!! Absolutely beautiful Joanne!!! I'm wishing I had bought this set and really hoping that it'll be in the new catty! Your card is wonderful, love the dsp and hardware you used!!!

JulieA said...

Looks gorgeous! And yes, it looks much better in your image here, than on SS today. I think someone was jealous of your talent and just started tearing things off of it. Whoever stopped them, glued on the main image again, but the bow was beyond salvaging. :-) How's that for a yarn? Truly, I love what you did with this card!

Sara said...

Gorgeous!!! Love the silver embossing with that color

linnes said...

Great colors! The silver embossing is really nice

sumbine said...

Beautiful card!
The image looks so great.

Joan Ervin said...

This is sooo soft and pretty, Joanne...I just love the silver embossing....sooo elegant as only you can do!!!

*Sally* said...

Gosh this is beautiful! What a lovely card,I have enjoyed my peek at your blog.
From Sally SCSBG6

Michelle said...

Oooooooh! I Like that one! I love the blue and silver together and the hint of red! You did a great job!

rose said...

what a beautiful card! love it

Unknown said...

VERY lovely. I really like your creations on your blog. TFS. Congrats on making Stampers Showcase. Its so fun when you open it up, and there is your creation. Enjoy the day. Diana

Anonymous said...

WOW! This is so elegant. Congrats on making SS.