Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Virtual Stamping- It's On!



Virtual Stamping is going on over at Splitcoast stampers with the theme of "How Does Your Garden Grow?" Lots of fun challenges to get your creativity flowing, do one or do them all, it's a great way to replenish your card supply.
My first card was for the "Bee Kind" challenge and I used my current favorite stamp by Technique Junkies called Vintage Botanicals Collage. I just can't put this one down.
On Whisper White card stock I used a dauber to rub on Nuvo embellishment mousses of Inca Gold and Lemon Sorbet. Heat set and then stamped collage, heat set that also. Colored in with various markers. Ran through Big Shot with honeycomb embossing folder, then ran it through again with just the plates to flatten out the embossing a bit. Added extra color and highlighted bee in fine tip marker and then added Dazzling Diamonds glitter to wings so the bee stands out for this challenge.

The second card is a clean and simple one layer using Whisper White card stock, stamp "Cam & Chloe" by Hampton Art (Hobby Lobby), colored in Copics. Sentiment is Lawn Fawn, embossed edge is a Tim Holtz folder. For the "Fairy Garden" challenge theme.



Busted out the Prismacolor pencils for this clean and simple one layer card. The Lovebirds is a set by Sheena Douglass for Crafter's Companion. I think they are from Great Britain but can be found on ebay sometimes, my local scrapbook store carries some of the embossing folders. Really beautiful products from this company.


Believe it or not this card uses Stampin' Up's Butterfly Basics. I'm pretty sure I made a mess of it, everything ran and blurred when I sprayed the card front with glimmer mist. I colored the flowers in carefully and it looked totally different. So... I'm going to call it Impressionism and just go with it :) Used brushos, various alcohol inks, distress inks on Yupo paper. 
Tip: Don't try heating the yupo paper, it gets very angry and begins to warp.  

No comments: