Sunday, February 19, 2017

Foil Relief Technique

For the Mixed Media challenge this week of putting the petal to the metal :) I chose this technique, one I have never tried before:

Mini Matisse Foil Relief

On my piece of cardboard I glued some cheesecloth, silk leaves and mini flowers. Covered in tin foil, sprayed with flat black Krylon primer. Used steel wool to rub off color in places. This brings up more of the texture of whatever you used underneath the foil. It is very cool! (Don't be concerned if you don't see the texture right after you add the foil. The magic seems to happen when you spray paint it.) 
Embellished with some paper flowers, rhinestones, a piece of chain, metal sentiment. I used a regular bottlecap, put a floral sticker inside and then crimped all of the edges and added some Crystal Effects to the center.

No comments: