For the center sentiment I used the inside plastic circle from a spool of ribbon. I adhered the sentiment that was punched from a 1 1/4" and a 1 3/8" circle punch. This gave this part of the piece the depth that it needed to stand out above the ornament pieces. (I don't throw anything away!) Hope the step by step visual helps a bit. For the tulle I cut between each scallop and just rolled the piece into a fan-like section and inserted it between each small ornament framelit with large glue dots. When the whole thing was finished I just pulled the tulle pieces up between each section and fluffed them up a bit.