Saturday, January 2, 2010

Valentine Treat Bags


Money Saving Tip- I like to search out the after Christmas sales and find the items that I can also use year round and for Valentine's Day. I like to stock up on red, silver, and gold. These sweet little nylon gift bags were 70% off at Joann's (59 cents each).
I started playing around with some ideas for Valentine's Day and tried to match the stamped images to the chocolates in the bags. I really love the silver and blue of the York peppermint patties. I used the new I {heart} hearts embossed in silver on Brilliant Blue, attached to Brushed Silver 2 1/4 x 2 1/4" gift tag that was embossed with the new Fine Flourish stamp in silver.
The second bag in red is filled with silver and red kisses and used the Love Bandit set with the sentiment from Owl Together Now.
The third is filled with Ghirardelli caramels with gold and blue wrappers. Always heart and sentiment embossed in gold on Brilliant Blue with Brushed Gold base.

6 comments:

Becky said...

This is a great idea, and they look beautiful.

Anne Harada said...

Oooh! Good tip my friend! What lovely and crafty gifts these are, the recipients will be thrilled!! The matching tags and candy are totally classy!! :)
Hugs,
Anne

Unknown said...

Great projects Joanne! You're so on the ball...I didn't think to do that at all this year. But I found there wasn't as much "left over" in the stores this year either.

Happy New year!

Crystal said...

AWWW Cute cute treat bags!!!!

Abi Bundy said...

love these!

Rhonda Tenderholt said...

Love your gold, silver, red nylon treat bags. Thnanks for the ideas.