Friday, January 15, 2010

Sweetheart & Love Bandit




The first card uses the new Occasions set Sweetheart along with the new heart treat cups. I had to cut out the heart sentiment shape and attach it on top of the treat cup since you won't be able to use the heart punch if you stamp the stem, it's just not designed that way. Which is a bummer if you are looking to save time.
Colors were inspired by the Sweet Tarts hearts: Apricot, Pretty In Pink, Sage Shadow.
I stamped the Filigree in matching ink on the Apricot cardstock and then embossed the dots in white. Pillow Box Big Shot die was made to match with some apricot grosgrain ribbon.

The second card is a tri-fold 5 1/2" x 8 1/2". Score at 2 3/4" x 5 1/2". Fold card and then trim off the tiny excess overlap so all edges are even.
Stamp front as desired. On first panel punch a 1 3/8" square at top, on second panel punch a 1 1/4" square (centered under first panel's square. This will create your window. the third panel I made white and stamped the raccoon directly in the center of the window. I used my stamp-a-majig so I didn't ruin the whole card at this point by winging the placement.

8 comments:

Becky said...

These are just adorable, love the heart filled with sweets.

Anonymous said...

Geeez.....Joann....where have I been?? Your blog ROCKS!! I just spent over an hour looking back thro an entire year of faaaaantastic cards, projects, challenges and the like!! Keep 'em coming, girl!! Great stuff!!

squirrellyshirley

TrishG said...

LOVE the colors. So sweet. Both are great! Thanks so much for sharing.

Jaspere said...

Both are so cute. I really need to figure out what I'm making with the girls for their classmates.

JazzyH said...

How cute!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

WOnderful cards! thanks for the directions for the trifold...can you believe I've never made one? I sure will now!

Joan Ervin said...

Your cards are just fabulous, Joanne!!!! I just love the pretty springy colors on the first one and the little heart filled with candy is just tooo cute!!! The little bandit is adorable, too...how fun!!!!

Rhonda Tenderholt said...

Great cards. Do you get the treat holders from stampin up?