Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Watercolored Tissue Technique


For the Monday Try a New technique challenge on Splitcoast, watercolored tissue paper.
Used four different distress inks each for the background and for the seahorse. Wrinkled up the tissue and used Versamark with gold embossing powder. Seahorse cut from the orange tissue piece. Dies are Tim Holtz. Added some twine rope, sequins, gauze that was dabbed with gold crackle paint, and mini shells. 

Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Stipple Rose


An oldie but goodie from Stampin' Up!, Stipple Rose was colored in Prismacolors and blended with Gamsol. Added some sequins and a black pen border for a quick and easy CAS card.
This is for Day 4 of the 30 Day Color Challenge.

My Friend (Chere Amie)


For Day 3 of The Daily Marker 30 day Coloring Challenge , watercoloring.
Also for today's Splitcoast color challenge of Black, Peach, and Pool Party. Used watercolor crayons on the Penny Black stamp, misted and stamped and then filled in with more of the same colors with a paintbrush. Stamped sentiment in black and went over all of the lettering with a fine tip black Pigma marker. The watercolor paper doesn't take the detail of the sentiment so well but is easy to fix this way. The sentiment stamp is the French version of My Friend (Stampin' Up!).

Kindness Matters


Stampin' Up! Kindness Matters and embossing folder on a Whisper White card base. Kindred Stamps "Stay Sharp" cacti were colored in Prismacolor pencils with Gamsol to blend.
I used the Gina K tutorial using a very similar cactus design for this card. This is also for the 30 Day Color Challenge, all made assembly line style. The Misti makes it easy to do multiples.
I made a stack of these to be sent out to some of the wonderful first responders in the Houston area. If you would like to help here is a list of various ways:
http://sandyallnock.com/harvey/

Friday, August 25, 2017

Pleasant Poppies Bookmark


Stampin' Up! Pleasant Poppies embossed in gold, Avery Elle "This Book" for flowers and sentiment.
I used the Spellbinders filigree bookmark die set and cut it in gold foil card stock and vellum for the overlay.
The flowers and sentiment were gold embossed and colored in Copic markers.

Saturday, August 5, 2017

My first ever challenge



I was so happy to have hosted my first ever Splitcoaststampers Dare To Get Dirty challenge. Hope you can play along, I would love to see your beautiful creations added to the gallery. These are my samples. The first uses a Gina K. background stamp done in Gelatos on watercolor paper with a Karen Lockhart butterfly colored in Prismacolors. The second uses a gold embossed foil card stock with the new Hero Arts butterfly die cut background and Memory box butterflies that were embellished with glass beads.   

Dare To Get Dirty challenges






Here are some more samples I made for the Dare To Get Dirty challenges going on at Splitcoaststampers. It's not to late to join in, the deadline is August 9th. We would love for you to play along! I can't give away the challenge details here, it's a secret for SCS Fan Club members :)