Monday, August 15, 2011

You are Loved and Hello, Doily

Today it was my turn to host the Color Challenge at Splitcoast. I chose Blushing Bride, Wisteria Wonder and Sahara Sand with a neutral of white or vanilla. The dessert option if you would like to add it (or not) is something clear and shiny. Think dew drops, acrylic bubble stickers, window sheets, glassy glaze, Crystal Effects,and so on.
My first sample uses the new holiday mini sneak peek of You Are Loved where I silver embossed the heart and shaded with inks and oulined in the matching marker. The tassel and trim is from the upholstery department at Joann's, I got some of these to make bookmarks.

My second sample is a case of a card by the Queen for the Day at SCS (and new Dirty Dozen girl Jenna Barber!) I used the Hello, Doily stamp embossed in white, Delicate Doilies designer paper and I dyed some very vanilla seam binding ribbon to fit in with today's chosen colors.
Hope you find some time to try this color combo. I was a little worried at first but I am seeing such gorgeous cards from all of the ladies in the SCS galleries that I think everyone may like it after all.


1 comment:

Francie G. said...

Two elegant beauties, Joanne!