Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Spice Cake designer paper


This is the new Stampin' Up designer paper from the upcoming holiday mini and it is called Spice Cake, to go along with the sketch challenge today. I am not sure why but it is an exact match to the retired stamp set True Friend which is what I used here. Baja and Soft Suede inks. Chocolate Chip base, Whisper White for image panel. Glitter brad and vanilla seam binding ribbon. The birthday sentiment is from Create A Cupcake and one of my favorites. It is the perfect size and font to go with just about any design. All supplies are Stampin' Up.

My second card today is from yesterday's SCS color challenge to use Real Red, Daffodil, and Night of Navy with a "back to school" theme. I didn't have any school types of stamps so I went with an apple for the teacher. Card cut out by hand with the fold at the side, stem of Chocolate Chip and leaf of Garden Green. I swiped some cherry cobbler and craft white inks over the front to make it a bit more realistic looking.
The book stamp is from a This Book Bleongs To stamp (Magenta) where I masked off that sentiment and added one from the classic SU set Sincere Salutations. Clip and notebook page punch are both SU.

3 comments:

Becky said...

What beautiful paper and flower on that first one. And that second one is so cute.

Mary Marsh said...

I loved you sketch card when I saw it in the scs gallery-this new dsp is beautiful-I missed your card for the color challenge-but I love it-the apple looks awesome-have to jump back to scs to comment there as well

mamia (me and mine in Alabama) said...

I noticed that about the paper as well. Absolutely love the Spice Cake. Your card is gorgeous and that apple is so cute, looks like it was die cut, you did an amazing job of cutting it out.