Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Greenhouse Garden Batik Technique


I wanted to use this set again, this time going for a much softer look. The Batik technique is quite easy if you want to give it a try.
On Whisper White cardstock I stamped the flower and stem images in Versamark and then heat embossed in clear embossing powder. Spritz the card front with water and then randomly sponge on color. I used Soft Subtles (Pink, Apricot, Bashful Blue, celery, lavender). Sandwich this cardstock piece between two sheets of paper and then iron on a medium setting. Peel back paper, this will lift off the embossing and give you a nice soft, blended effect. Experiment! I've seen this done with bold, darker colors and it looks great also.

10 comments:

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Really pretty, Joanne! Your sponging is wonderful.

Stampin in the suburbs said...

This is beautiful. I've never seen this technique before and plan to try it with some flower stamps. Very nice!

mudmaven said...

This is absolutely stunning! Love this technique and might just have to give it a try! ~chris

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Joanne, what a lovely look this is with the Batik technique. These tow cards, the one below which I already commented on, are so soft! So Spring! So pretty! TFS!!! Hugs, my friend!

Joan Ervin said...

What a super cool technique, Joanne!!!! I love the soft, delicate look you achieved...I have got to try this!!!

Becky said...

This is gorgeous, love the Spring colors..

Unknown said...

Wow this is so beautiful ;)

Bonnie McLain said...

Great technique.. will give it a try... I love new background techniques and since this card is truly FABULOUS... I will have to try it... Your cards are always so soft and pretty looking... Love it

Vicki Dutcher said...

Joanne - this is so perfect for a sympathy card~~ just beautiful! Thanks for a different technique.

Unknown said...

Batik never looked THIS good! Great job.