Thursday, November 5, 2009

Delightful Decorations TAGS





These tags are super simple to make and even mass produce with this wonderful ornament punch.
Start with a strip of Whisper White cardstock 3 3/4 x 11" and then fold in half so you have one long strip.
Line your ornament punch up so that the top of the punch is near to the top but not at the very edge. If it is too close to the edge, you won't get the fold, you will just get two ornament pieces.
For the stamping I inked up the stamp and then carefully laid the cardstock piece over it and rubbed the ink onto it. You can use your bone folder for more even coverage. When I tried stamping it the traditional way it was much harder to get it lined up.
This one strip will make 6 tags. I punched a small hole at the top and used some white crochet thread for the tag ties. I also used the To: From: sentiment from Winter Post.

9 comments:

Jan Farring said...

Wonderful Idea - love your blog Joanne!! I always seem to be attracted to your ideas before I even know it's you!! Thanks for sharing everything

Dawn B. said...

These are terrific Joanne. I always need tags at Christmas time. I love this idea..

Crystal said...

This is fabulous Joanne thanks so much for the inspiration I just got my set!!! Hugs!

JazzyH said...

Great job on the tags!

eva said...

How charming! "It's a pity we have no punch

Joan Ervin said...

What a great idea for Christmas tags...I'll be casing these, for sure!!!!

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

Great Idea. Would it also work if you stamped first and then punched or does that mess with lining up where to punch?

Lisa Phillippi llelsik@aol.com said...

Fabulous Idea! I am so glad I got that punch! I will be making some of these!

Unknown said...

Joanne, You are a genius! I love the tags! I've been making cards with that set but never thought of this. I'm having a Christmas Tag workshop this weekend and this will be a wonderful help. Thanks so much. Barbara Story