Monday, October 4, 2010

Embossed Backgrounds



The embossing folders make such quick and easy backgrounds, I love the texture and depth they give to your card. For the first card I combined French Foliage with Elements of Style by Stampin' Up. Challenges combined are CAS faux Letterpress and Split image technique on SCS today. Embossing folder and all supplies are by Stampin' Up. Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Soft Suede, Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie.

The second card is a sneak peek of Mark's Finest Papers new holiday set called Seasonal Poinsettia, available next week. I wanted to use it in a non-traditional way so I went with blues. I embossed the flower and sentiment in silver and colored in the image in various blues. The embossing folder is by Stampin' Up with Marina Mist cardstock, white satin ribbon is by MFP.

3 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Both are so pretty! Very different in color - but both are terrific!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

I love the bg of #1, and the blue of #2! Gorgeous!

Karen Barber said...

SOOO pretty Joanne!! That orange and red one is STUNNING!